Site Network: Home | Forex-TSD | Forex Factory | Kaskus

For a relative long period, I have wrote several EA’s and try to backtest them in purpose to find wheter they are profitable. Some coder gurus have posted about procedure to get better backtest qualities. From getting tick data from Alpari’s website until disconnected MT4 platform have already done by me. I already got 90% backtest quality using Alpari’s tick data. The sad news is, almost (let say all) my EA were failed in backtest.

So, I was already desperate to find a good EA until a few days ago when my friend, Duyduy, did a backtest for a commercial EA that has already proven profitable in live trading. It is weird that EA was failed, too in backtest. That EA was already backtested by the author but with tick data from metaquotes.net. His backtest was good and the live trades was same.

I am thinking wheter our procedure to backtest an EA using tick data from Alpari’s is invalid. If that is true, imagine how many free EA’s that was never tested in live because they were failed in backtest procedure. Until this day, I have not been able to make a conclusion about this because backtest algorithm is far away from me. I want to open discussion about this problem with anyone who is interested in this theme, especially some mql4 coders. If any of you understand further about this backtest procedure, don’t hestitate to give a comment in this post. I will really appreciate that.

6 Comments:

  1. mioraz said...
    Saya inginkan EA yang anda nyatakan , minta jasa baik aryana emailkan kepada saya...

    ok terimakasih...
    Aryana said...
    Hi,

    Actually this printscreen is the result from experimental EA. I have not been able to post as a free EA since this is made from commercial trading strategy.

    Hope you understand about this.

    Thanks
    Aryana
    Unknown said...
    hi,
    so what is the name of this commercial EA? Are you testing it now? have you got any live result?

    So far, among all the free/commercial EAs that you are testing, which one do you recommend?
    Aryana said...
    Hi Jolene,
    The screen shot is from backtest result of Pallada EA. This is a manual commercial trading system and I tried to make an automatic trading robot for it.
    Unfortunately, I haven't finished this EA since my daily routines.

    From my experience and knowledge, I recommend Shark EA. But you should choose the correct broker for it. So far, the best result for trading with Shark EA is FXDD. I admit that different broker will give different result for each EA's since the tick data is not same between every brokers.
    Anonymous said...
    thanks for your reply. Have you personally tested shark EA with FXDD? if so, how long have you tested? i heard point break is not bad too..you heard before?
    Aryana said...
    I am in schedule to start live trading with Shark EA, hopefully at Monday at FXDD after I complete all the requirements. From Ckowyong's blog and Duyduy's, I found this Shark EA is becoming a hot trend in trader's forum lately. So, after I checked its website and examined about its back test and live performance, I decided to start a live trading with this EA.

    Yes, I heard about PB (Point Break), too. I still try to find a lot of informations about this EA but unfortunately I haven't find a lot about its trading strategy and its performance. Soon after I finish, I will post about it.

    Thanks for your interest.

Post a Comment